Code of Conduct
Updated: 18th April, 2023
- You agree to attend your scheduled driving lesson at the appointed time and fully prepared for the lesson. You shall ensure that you are not under the influence of any substances that may impair your ability to operate a vehicle safely, and that you have obtained sufficient rest to maintain focus during the lesson. Shift reserves the right to refuse a driving lesson or terminate a lesson should you be under the influence of alcohol or any other substances that may contravene road safety.
- You agree that Shift has a zero-tolerance policy for any form of abuse, harassment, or violence, whether physical or verbal, towards its staff members or driving instructors. Any violation of this policy may result in the immediate termination of your driving lesson or booking, and any lessons pre-paid at this point will be non-refundable.
- You agree to maintain good personal hygiene, including wearing clean and appropriate clothing and suitable footwear.
- You agree to take responsibility for any damage caused by you to the interior of the car during your driving lesson, excluding normal wear and tear.
- You agree to drive safely at all times, obeying traffic laws and signals to the best of your ability. Any damage caused due to malicious acts or reckless driving will be charged for.
- You agree to follow the instructions and guidance provided by your driving instructor and ask questions if you are unsure about any aspect of the lesson.
- You agree to inform your driving instructor of any medical or physical conditions that may affect your ability to drive safely.
- You agree to notify your instructor as soon as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule a driving lesson, providing at least 48 hours notice.
- You agree to treat other students and driving instructors with respect and courtesy at all times, creating a safe and positive learning environment for everyone.
- Driving instructors at Shift are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. They shall demonstrate respect and courtesy towards their students, staff members, and other road users.
- Instructors shall not engage in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse, whether physical or verbal, towards any individual.
- Instructors are expected to maintain proper personal hygiene and dress appropriately for their profession.
- Your instructor will provide you with a dual controlled vehicle, in a clean and good working condition.
- Instructors shall provide a safe and comfortable learning environment for their students. They shall not engage in any behavior that could distract or endanger the student or other road users.
- Instructors shall tailor their lessons to meet the individual needs and abilities of their students, and shall not discriminate based on age, gender, race, religion, or any other characteristic.
- Instructors shall maintain confidentiality with respect to all student information obtained in the course of their instruction, unless required to comply with DVSA or law enforcements.
- Instructors shall not engage in any activity that would create a conflict of interest or undermine the integrity of the instructional process.
- Instructors shall follow all laws and regulations related to driving instruction, including those related to driver qualifications, instructional methods, and vehicle safety.
- Instructors shall not consume alcohol or any other substance that could impair their ability to operate a vehicle safely while on duty.